Things you need to know about the Pope site before you use the data:
- Measurements are in feet and tenths of feet.
- Topsoil and plowzone were mechanically stripped and not screened.
- Photos on the Site Images page courtesy of the Theodore R. Reinhart Papers, Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
- Some postholes on the site map are represented schematically. The excavators' site map shows the location of these postholes but not their shape. The postholes' context records record their dimensions but DAACS has not been able to locate plan drawings of the postholes. As a result, DAACS has chosen to represent these postholes as boxes with the appropriate dimensions and locations.
- Due to the topsoil and plowzone being stripped, a large number of contexts/features do not appear on the Harris matrix because no stratigraphic relationship exists between those contexts and any other deposit.