Use this element to describe edges on refined earthenware, stoneware, and porcelain (Not Colonoware or Coarse Earthenware, unid.). Scalloped Edge describes any molded rim or vessel edge that is scalloped. The edge may be heavily scalloped or simply indented at a few points along the rim. DO NOT use Scalloped Edge to describe Royal Pattern, Feather Edge, Queens Pattern, or Shell Edge decoration.

Stylistic Genre:

Molded Edge Decoration, other


Cataloging Example for Depicted Sherd:


Stylistic Genre
Molded Edge Decoration, other
Interior/Exterior Location Decorative Technique Color Stylistic Element Motif
Exterior Rim Molded No Applied Color Scalloped Edge Individual A